At Massive, we are currently looking for the new passionate Lead Building Artist to contribute to the development in the ambitious building team. You will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive, authentic worlds Massive is known for, by bringing your own thoughts to the table as well as supporting growth and passion within your team. You will influence, drive and actively be a part of the creation of next gen 3D assets for our AAA project. As our new Lead Building Artist you will support the team with structure and planning as well as take the lead on strategic decisions regarding how to push city building forward.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Leading the development of high quality AAA 3D building/infrastructure production
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the Building Art Team, as well as build relations and bridge with other teams
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the internal and external Building Team’s direction to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through weekly syncs to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management / planning tools i.e Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e .having reoccurring performance feedback sessions as well as salary reviews
You as a person
As a lead artist you will be the manager of an international team with high aspirations. This means that you're organized, likes to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, which you find inspiring and motivating. By interest in the process you strive to have effective workflows for production, and this enhances quality of the assets as well as a good work-life balance . As an artist, you have a passion for art for the films and games industry, and you know how to take game assets to the next level – and we can see that by looking at your portfolio.
- 2+ years' experience managing and leading a team (with official HR responsibility)
- 2+ years of making props/environments/assets for next gen AAA game environments, ideally with one AAA title shipped
- Having worked with productions scopes (for your team) bigger than 500 assets under your leadership
- Experience with planning, prioritizing and supporting a team of minimum 4 people with delivering AAA-quality content
- Having been in positions where you feedback on team members artistic output as well as reinforcing positive behaviors
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modeling packages and texturing software’s
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.