Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Lead at Massive, you´ll supervise and mentor a team of Animators to contribute to the development of an ambitious and growing Cinematics team. You will also contribute by crafting stunning and life-like animations, by bringing your own thoughts to the table and inspiring your team to push the limits. As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Leading and developing high-quality AAA animations
- Prioritizing, managing and planning the team’s day-to-day work
- Providing constructive feedback, mentoring, and coaching a team of Animators
- Ensuring a productive workflow and beneficial relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring deliverables are completed on-time, on specs and up to quality standards
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to craft compelling character sequences
- Taking part in motion capture shoots
What you’ll bring
The role will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead, you are well organized, like to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. By interest in the process, you strive to have effective workflows for production. As an animator, you have a passion for film and the games industry, and are driven by the chance to bring things to a higher level.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Several years of professional animation experience within game production(s) and/or movie industry
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanic forms
- Professional experience working with Maya
- Relevant and updated portfolio/demo-reel
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
Questions? We’re happy to answer them. Please contact Moa Sellin Ödling, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org