At Massive, we are currently looking for a passionate new Lead Animator to contribute to the development of an ambitious and growing gameplay animation team working on James Cameron's world of Avatar. You will contribute to crafting stunning and life-like animations, by bringing your own thoughts to the table and inspiring your team to push the limits. You will influence the creation of next gen animations for AAA projects. As our new Associate Lead Animator you are the expert and support on how to setup and drive a team in both conceptual and production phases as well as guiding the team to deliver great quality across the board.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Leading the development of high quality AAA animations
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the Animation Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the Animation Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e. reoccurring performance feedback and salary reviews
You as a person
You have a few years of experience as a Lead, and are looking for a new opportunity! The role will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead, you are well organized, like to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, which you find inspiring. By interest in the process, you strive to have effective workflows for production. As an animator, you have a passion for film and the games industry, and are driven by the chance to bring things to a higher level and we can see that by looking at your portfolio.
- 5+ years of creating animations for next gen AAA game environments, ideally with two AAA titles shipped
- At least 1 years' experience of leading a team, preferably in an agile project management environment
- At least 2 years working with technical limitations/constraints in a game studio
- Ability to review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Working knowledge Maya as well as the MS Office package
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus