At Massive, we’re looking for a Junior System Administrator for our Infrastructure team within the Uplay project. Uplay is Ubisoft’s own PC gaming platform, which includes SDKs and tools used by Ubisoft game production teams all over the world.
You will be a part of a team that continuously strives to evolve and move forward. As a System Administrator will you contribute and make sure the backend server infrastructure can withstand the pressure and flexibility needs of a live online platform with a monthly multi-million unique user base.
You will join an ambitious, multi-disciplinary team, where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and are encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love of gaming. You will work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and testers from other studios across the globe. You will be able to learn from seniors and there will be an onboarding plan to support you master this position.
The Infrastructure team is committed to delivering a resilient platform that is available and reliable. Currently we’re working on moving into the Cloud with the vision to provide a self-serve platform to enable our developers to work more efficiently with servers and databases. You need to have an interest in staying up-to-date with technology and be very much involved in the day-to-day of running a live platform, and always look for ways to improve it.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Team
- Developing, building and managing server and cloud-based infrastructure
- Working closely with software developers on deployment pipelines, monitoring and services
- Monitoring the health of the platform
- Working in the platform's software and data architecture to ensure maximum scalability
- Upholding the security posture on Infrastructure-related topics
- Maintaining the servers and databases
- Working with Cloud infrastructure providers and tools like Ansible, Terraform and similar
You as a person
You like to collaborate and enjoy working in a distributed team filled with diversity. You are a resourceful and creative person who strive to evolve and learn new technologies. This is the perfect role if you welcome change, have technology capabilities combined with passion and high motivation. To succeed in this position you are a strong communicator and easily get your point across.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 1+ year’s professional experience working as a System Administrator or similar
- Professional experience working in operating systems Windows, Linux
- Professional experience working in scripting languages like Python, PowerShell or/and Bash
It’s a bonus having professional experience in:
- Hosting providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Database systems (MSSQL, MySQL, NoSQL)
- Deployment scripting systems such as Jenkins
- Configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Version Control Git
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.