Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Technical Animator at Massive, you’ll be the link between art and code. You’ll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop game engine and collaborate with a cross-functional team of Technical Animators, Artists and Programmers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain tools for DCC packages using Python
- Test and Debug tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
- Collaborating with a team of technical animators to develop current and new tools
- Be ready for quick tweaks during production to fit the animator’s current needs
What you’ll bring
You are passionate about animation and the emerging technologies that surround them. You have an eye for quality, enjoy problem-solving and are always seeking to improve. You would like to work in an interdisciplinary team, you are team-oriented and you enjoy giving and receiving constructive feedback to reach the team’s shared goal. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your work
- Professional experience as a Technical Animator (or equivalent) from TV/Film or game projects
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Python
- Facial and body rigging experience is a benefit