Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a UI Technical Artist at Massive, you'll be the link between art and code. You'll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop game engine and collaborate with a team of UI/UX Designers, Artists and Programmers, to create some of the most advanced UI content ever seen in video games.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Creating UI for in-game screens, features, and content. Utilizing our node-based (visual scripting language) in Snowdrop
- Collaborating with all disciplines necessary to deliver features on time, in line with the art direction, and with the players best interest in mind
- Ensuring our UI is optimal with continual iteration and development
- Mentoring and guiding Junior artists
What you'll bring
You enjoy creating content (or realizing content based on concepts) and are not afraid of taking initiative. You have an eye for quality and are always seeking to improve. You enjoy solving problems and are able to think both technically and artistically, considering accessibility and optimization in your work. You are comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team and you are team-oriented. You have a positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Several years of professional experience as a UI Technical Artist (or equivalent titles) in gaming, entertainment or web industry
- Ability to find and debug issues within content
- A relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or equivalent work experience
- If you have a portfolio available, we're looking forward to seeing it
Below requirements are not a must-have for this opening:
- Experience with node-based, visual scripting game engines is a plus
- Understanding various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect & 3D software) is a plus
- Experience in scripting/programming is a plus
- Knowledge in Shading in nodes (HLSL/GLSL) is a plus