We are looking for a Programmer to focus on telemetry system integration to join the Avatar Project. You’ll be part of a Gameplay team and collaborate closely with Gameplay programmers, the Analytics department and Tools Programmers.
In your day-to-day work, you will integrate the systems and focus on telemetry. You’ll be working with Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will have the chance to work with implementation and maintenance of various parts and systems.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- In close collaboration with the Gameplay Programmers and Game Intelligence Department write and design C++ telemetry hooks and logic in game code, ensuring that data transmitted to telemetry system is a reflection of in game status.
- Maintain, improve and modularize the telemetry code base in order to maximize reusability and stability. This will require you to quickly build an understanding of the whole eco system of a Snowdrop engine AAA game.
- Collaborate with Game Analytics and iterate over event implementation for analyzing player behaviors and game consumption, in order to find optimal implementation considering performance budgets in server- and client- systems.
You as a person
You have passion for games and game development. You enjoy working autonomously, and you know how to structure your tasks. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. We believe you are good at co-operate and communicate efficiently with the other team members. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- At least a couple of years of professional experience working with C++ for a couple of year focused on system and server integration.
- Knowledge or experience of the process and life-cycle of game development is a big plus.
- Experience working with game engines is also considered to be beneficial for this position.
Good to know As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.