You will create new components and systems to our in-house engine, as well as improving and maintaining existing ones. In addition there will also be other specialized systems you will contribute to, such as in the areas of Rendering, Gameplay, Networking and AI. You will work closely with the users of these systems in order to improve quality and speed of iteration. We work in cross-functional teams using Agile methodologies and time is set aside on a regular basis for planning, as well as to evaluate and improve our ways of working.
- Design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing technologies. Suggest improvements if necessary.
- Program in a clear and structured way, taking into account performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements.
- Development in a multithreaded environment using modern techniques.
- Analyze and fix bugs identified by people from other crafts, the quality control team or you and your peers.
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are an autonomous and resourceful person who has that extra attention to detail. It is important that you are used to work in a team and have the ability to quickly adapt to change. Furthermore you have a structured and results-oriented approach and understand the common pitfalls of the industry and how to avoid falling into them.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Intermediate experience as a software developer, in video games or similar industry
- General knowledge of having worked with video game engines and experience using one or more commercial engines
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimizations)
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles