We are collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer. As part of our Gameplay team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other programmers, designers, artists and testers. In your day-to-day work, you will develop new game features using Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will have the chance to work with implementation and maintenance of various parts and systems. You will be working on player centric features like combat, controls, movement and camera.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Design implement and iterate on new and existing Gameplay systems. You will focus on player centric features like character locomotion, camera, controls and combat together with game designers
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Performance awareness in algorithms as well as in memory and bandwidth usage
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Solve problems and fix bugs in game code
What you’ll bring
We believe you are interested in games and enjoy playing various games as research and to learning best practices in the field. We're looking for an experienced programmer who can work autonomously. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. You communicate and co-operate well with other team members. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a Gameplay Programmer focused on C++
- Knowledge of the process and life-cycle of game development and shipped at least one full game
- Professional experience of working with a multithreaded engine with modern techniques
- Knowledge and experience with performance critical programming