We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer. As part of our Gameplay team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other programmers, designers, artists and testers. In your day-to-day work, you will develop new game features using Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will have the chance to work with implementation and maintenance of various parts and systems. You will be working on player centric features like combat, controls, movement and camera.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Design implement and iterate on new and existing Gameplay systems. You will focus on player centric features like character locomotion, camera, controls and combat together with game designers
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Performance awareness in algorithms as well as in memory and bandwidth usage
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Solve problems and fix bugs in game code
You as a person
You have passion for games and game development You enjoy playing various games as part of research and learning about best practices in the field. You are comfortable working autonomously, and you know how to structure your tasks. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. You communicate and co-operate well with other team members. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a Gameplay Programmer focused on C++
- Knowledge of the process and life-cycle of game development and shipped at least one full game
- Professional experience of working with a multithreaded engine with modern techniques
- Knowledge and experience with performance critical programming
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.