We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Gameplay programmer, you will be part of our dedicated Gameplay team, you will work closely with other programmers, designers, artists and testers. In your day-to-day work, you will develop new game features using Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will collaborate with designers to design new features and be responsible for implementation and maintenance of them as well as improving existing functionality.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing Gameplay systems and features together with game designers. You will focus mainly on game systems that support the state and progression of the game
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Performance awareness in algorithms as well as in memory and bandwidth usage
- Documenting your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Solve problems and fix bugs in game code
You as a person
You have previous experience in the games industry. You enjoy working autonomously, and you know how to structure your tasks. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. You co-operate and communicate efficiently with the other members of your team, both programmers and other disciplines. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a Gameplay Programmer focused on C++
- Knowledge of the process and life-cycle of game development and shipped at least one full game
- Professional experience of working with a multithreaded engine with modern techniques
- Knowledge and experience with performance critical programming
- Previous experience working on gameplay systems
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.