We are looking for a programmer to develop gameplay features, implementing and maintaining various gameplay mechanics as well as improving existing functionality. We work in cross-functional teams so you will be working closely with people from other disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work.
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers
- Identify and define technical solutions for different gameplay features according to design documents
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other crafts, the quality control team or you and your peers.
- Document your work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are a process-driven person with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture. When it comes to working in a team you understand the importance of clear communication and adapting to other’s needs as well. You have probably been in the industry for a while and grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Strong interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry as a whole
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low level optimizations
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Good understanding of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture
- Client / server programming experience