In February 2017, it was announced that we are embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As an intermediate or senior Gameplay programmer, you will help create our next AAA game! As part of our dedicated Gameplay team, you will work closely with other programmers, designers, artists and testers. In your day-to-day work, you will develop new game features using Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of various gameplay mechanics as well as improving existing functionality.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing Gameplay systems and features together with game designers
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Performance awareness in algorithms as well as in memory and bandwidth usage
- Documenting your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You have previous experience in the games industry. You enjoy working autonomously, and you know how to structure your tasks. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. You co-operate and communicate efficiently with the other members of your team. Ideally, you have experience in several of the following:
- Prior experience as a UI or Gameplay Programmer
- 2+ years professional C++ experience in the games industry
- Knowledge of the process and life-cycle of games development
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.