We are looking for a programmer to develop gameplay features using our in-house engine Snowdrop™. You will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of various gameplay mechanics as well as improving existing functionality. We work in cross-functional teams so you will be working closely with people from other disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work. Additionally we collaborate with Massive in Malmö and there will be occasional travel involved.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers
- Identify and define technical solutions for different gameplay features according to design documents
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other crafts, the quality control team or you and your peers.
- Document your work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are a process-driven person with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture. When it comes to working in a team you understand the importance of clear communication and adapting to other’s needs as well. You have probably been in the industry for a while and grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Strong interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry as a whole
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low level optimizations
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Good understanding of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture
- Client / server programming experience