We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We’re looking for a Gameplay Animator to join one of our exciting projects. As a part of the Gameplay Animation team at Massive, you will work closely with our talented team of Tech Artists, Tech Animators, Designers, and Programmers, to craft stunning gameplay animation and systems. This is an amazing opportunity if your interests peak beyond animation.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, with link to your showreel and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring our characters to life.
- When needed, opportunities to work with and direct Motion Capture shoots.
- Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, and Code to build and maintain compelling gameplay animation systems.
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level.
- Coordination with your peers, Leads, and Directors to proactively solve problems, in order to deliver on schedule.
You as a person
Your history of delivering high-quality, but at the same time creative, animations where the boundaries of what animation means in a game is pushed makes you a source for inspiration when collaborating with other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator when finding the best solution to both long and short-term challenges is of the essence. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of professional Gameplay Animation experience, focused on gameplay animation systems, in the video game industry, with at least one AAA/AA title shipped.
- Relevant and updated demo-reel.
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent.
- Experience with both key-frame and motion capture animation.
- Experience with facial animation
- Knowledge of the wider game development process
Good to know:
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.