Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is an online, open world, action shooter RPG, set in a collapsing and fractured Washington, D.C. This rich setting combines a wide variety of beautiful, iconic, and realistic environments in which the player gets to experience the series’ trademark fast-paced action, rich RPG systems and dedication to authenticity in world building.
As a Game Designer, you’re responsible for developing game systems, controls, and interfaces (as well as the other interactive elements). You’ll collaborate with the Creative Director to mirror their vision into the desired player experience. Together with the team, you’ll have a big impact on one of the most loved IPs out there.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Work in a small team with hands-on involvement in the development of the game
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (3C, game ingredients, game systems, game modes, live economy etc)
- Standardize, document, and communicate the game systems to the team
- Regularly update documentations to offer a useful work reference for the whole team.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to integrate your assigned features
- Handle in-game features and add to existing games’ systems without chaos ensuing
- Identify trends and evaluate the suitability of our current games
- Setting up and maintaining a process for design review on the features you own
- Constantly ensure a qualitative and fun experience on the live game by fixing live issues and balancing tweaks
- Create and maintain design documentation that will guide interdependent teams
What you’ll bring
You are enthusiastic about playing and creating games. You are innovative, autonomous, and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your clearly defined goals. You are comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you can each utilize your niche expertise, to achieve a higher quality together. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A couple of years of professional experience in Game Design
- Experience developing in an innovative, iterative, and agile professional environment
- Good documentation skills
- Good communication skills (both oral & written) in English
- Knowledge of the social Game Design