We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Game Designer at Massive you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams to develop innovative gameplay features and systems. You’ll find opportunities to shape the game we make and to grow as a designer working with industry leading tool-suits like Snowdrop.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing collaborative implementation, iteration and balancing of specific game features.
- Actively pushing your design forward through hands-on implementation, iteration and play-tests.
- Working with colleagues from multiple-disciplines to review the balance and implementation of new features.
- Communicating clearly and simply your design intent.
- Contributing and participating in a culture of open and honest feedback.
- Maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designers, and your colleagues in the Design team.
You’re an experienced, innovative, and creative designer with a passion for making games. You collaborate well to find new and creative solutions to unique challenges.
Perhaps you’ve worked on high-profile indie games or you’ve helped ship AAA titles. Ideally you've a bunch of experience,from varied projects and diverse game genres. You’re an enthusiastic communicator, open to feedback from directors, leads, and providing input to the team, all in fluent English.
- You've designed, developed, and shipped game features and/or systems on critically acclaimed games.
- You have an ability to translate design intentions into tangible mechanics and ultimately the desired player experience.
- With your designs you are pushing the envelope., challenging known design convention when necessary.
- Ability to work independently with assigned tasks and take responsibility for delivering game design specifications according to the project’s schedule.
- You have a strong understanding of the craft of game design.
- You have a high level understanding of how mechanics affects systems and how systems affect each other;
- You have an understanding of all phases of game development, from early concepts to post-launch support.
- Knowledge of iterative development and rapid prototyping.
- You have experience with hands-on implementation/tuning directly in game engines like Snowdrop, Unity &/or Unreal.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out at the videos posted below.