We are looking for a Game Designer for our work on Avatar together with Massive in Malmö. You will create, maintain and realize design specifications and also support your colleagues from other disciplines with the implementation process. High quality is something we believe is important and you will work to deliver the best gaming and user experience possible.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Responsible for creating detailed design documentation and ensuring it is up to date and standards
- Work in-engine to identify what can be done with existing tools and communicate needs
- Use and understand existing game systems to propose benchmarks for game experiences
- Communicate status updates to your lead, including design decisions and any problems that might occur
- Ensure that your designs and game mechanics are consistent with the game universe and can deliver a high quality game experience
You as a person
You are curious by nature and thrive working in a cross-functional environment. As you will be working in a close-knit team with like-minded people of various seniority, you are probably someone who gains energy from being around people sharing your ideas and discussing how to improve on your work. You probably play a lot of games and want to deliver the best possible player experience.
- Strong interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry as a whole
- Documented experience of game design for games on console and PC
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping
- Understanding of node based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting
- Experience from AAA game development within game design
- Experience having worked with AI/NPC design