Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is an online, open world, action shooter RPG, set in a collapsing and fractured Washington, D.C. This rich setting combines a wide variety of beautiful, iconic, and realistic environments in which the player gets to experience the series’ trademark fast-paced action, rich RPG systems and dedication to authenticity in world building.
We are recruiting a Game Design Director to join our ambitious team. As a Game Design Director, you’ll ensure the quality of the Gameplay experience and good functioning of all the game systems are in line with the overall game vision to maximize the player’s experience. In this role, you will collaborate with the Creative Director and our other core team members.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application ASAP!
What you’ll do
- Develop your game design direction + communicate (and emphasize) it across the production floor.
- Support your game designers in developing their features (e.g. gameplay rules, progression systems, combat systems, weapon attributes, artificial intelligence behaviors, 3Cs, etc.) + provide mentorship and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Ensure that all the features and systems synergize together to support the main pillars of Live Services, Acquisition, Retention, and Monetization
- Collaborate with interdependent teams to align all design, technical, graphic, and narrative elements.
- Review and discuss timelines with the producer + keep the editorial team up to date on progress and milestones.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, feedback, and playtest results, readjusting your design direction when need be.
- Follow up on features after their release to improve, add, or remove components; interpreting data to inform decision-making.
- Occasionally travel locally and abroad to present the game, meet with external partners, visit co-dev studios, etc.
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to evolve our production processes and define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you’ll bring
You have a collaborative mentality to ensure good morale and motivation within the entire team. To be effective as our new Game Design Director, we also believe that you are creative and innovative in your way of working as well as being a respectful and collaborative spirit. You need to bring a curious mindset and critical thinking to find innovative and meaningful solutions in your daily tasks. You are used to working in an international environment and expressing yourself fluently in English. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Game Design from AAA video game production
- Professional experience in supervising/directing a team
- In-depth knowledge of game engine/engines and their limitations
- Familiarity with Live Services is a benefit but not a requirement
- Experience in AAA environment is meriting but not required
- Photoshop and Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)