We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to join us in one of our proudest projects, Tom Clancy's The Division 2. You have experience and knowledge in all stages of feature design as well as an interest in working on a live game.
- Do you find yourself thinking about how a game mechanic works in the game you were just playing?
- Can you break down how game systems interact to offer a captivating experience?
Then we have a great opportunity for you!
You'll collaborate with a smaller team with hands-on involvement in the development of the game. Your love for video games has brought you here, and your ambition to work in one of the best studios in the world will take you further.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (3C, game ingredients, game systems, game modes, live economy etc.)
- Standardize, document, and communicate features and systems to the features team as well as to the rest of the production team
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to integrate your assigned features
- Setting up and maintaining processes for design review on the features you own
- Develop in-engine prototypes and evaluate their performance
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed
- Participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features
- Create and maintain design documentation that will guide interdependent teams
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components (in certain cases)
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills
- Run playtests and brainstorming within the company to ensure quality, playability, and fun
- Identify trends and evaluate the suitability of our current games
What you'll bring
You are excited for Game Design, how a game "feels" and the player's experience. You are passionate about games, game-dev, and the craft of game design. You're proactive and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your clearly defined goals. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you can each utilize your niche expertise to achieve a higher quality together. You have great communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. You have the ability to work autonomously, as needed, and to prototype when required. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Several years of professional work experience as a Game Designer
- As a Senior/Expert you should also have experience mentoring your junior colleagues and driving feature development;
- Data-driven design process to influence games’ acquisition, monetization, and retention
- Experience of the entire product life cycle from concepting and prototypes all the way to driving results across frequent post-launch updates
- Experience developing in a fast-paced, highly iterative and agile professional environment
- Manage in-game economies and add to existing games’ systems without chaos ensuing
- Experience in Live Operations plans is a plus
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
Questions? We’re happy to answer them. Please contact Moa Sellin Ödling, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at email@example.com