The Snowdrop Team is hiring!
We have a dedicated team of experienced developers, focusing on engine sharing and collaboration between Ubisoft studios around the world. Some of the areas we work on are tech sharing, engine improvements, reduction of technical debt, documentation, and training.
We are looking for senior/strong intermediate programmers to maintain, develop and support the various areas of our in-house Snowdrop engine: we have a variety of positions to fill for Graphics, Audio, Animation, UI, Low-Level Systems, Physics, AI, Testing Automation, Online, Tools and more. Please specify which programming specialization you are interest in when you apply.
This is a rare opportunity to work and develop with teams around the world, and to support them in their usage of your specialist area tech and tools in Snowdrop.
In this position, you will advise on new development, review designs and code, with a focus on creating reusable solutions and sharing between multiple projects. As a Snowdrop programmer you will be part of a friendly team developing and maintaining a variety of systems and tools. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop™ and its various titles to an even higher standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Developing Snowdrop as a shared and complex ecosystem for videogames creation
- Contributing to long term strategy for Snowdrop development
- Supporting multiple teams around the world with knowledge and practical help
- Working towards improving documentation and samples
- Developing and maintaining a wide range of tech and tools shared through Snowdrop in your area of expertise
You as a person
You have a passion for creating games and an eye for long-term tech development. You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. This is a perfect position if you see yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative. You have great problem solving skills and an ability to predict task duration and understand dependencies. This make you strong on debugging for example. To succeed in this position you are a strong communicator and easily get your point across.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 5+ years of professional C++ programming experience in the video game industry (experience with PS4 and XBOX One is beneficial)
- Good understanding of pipelines in your area of expertise from beginning to end
- Good understanding of cutting edge techniques in your specialist area
- Experience working with multithreading
- Tools, workflow and engine development insight
- Automated testing knowledge beneficial
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.