Working on our Snowdrop™ team, your primary focus will be developing our in-house Snowdrop engine, and support multiple teams using it. As a Snowdrop programmer you will be part of a friendly team developing and maintaining a variety of systems and tools. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop™ and its various titles to an even higher standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- You will be mostly working in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools.
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Developing Snowdrop as a shared and complex ecosystem for videogames creation
- Contributing to long term strategy for Snowdrop development
- Supporting multiple teams around the world with knowledge and practical help.
- Working towards improving documentation and samples
You as a person
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, an eye to long term tech development, and you will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming experience in the video game industry for PS4 and XBOX One
- Familiarity or willingness to learn other languages typically used for tools (C#, python, etc)
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Tools, workflow and engine development insight
- Automated testing knowledge
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Multithreaded development experience
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.