Working on our Snowdrop™ team, your primary focus will be developing our in-house Snowdrop engine, and support multiple teams using it. As a Snowdrop programmer you will be part of a friendly team developing and maintaining a variety of systems and tools. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop™ and its various titles to an even higher standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- You will be mostly working in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools.
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Developing Snowdrop as a shared and complex ecosystem for videogames creation
- Contributing to long term strategy for Snowdrop development
- Supporting multiple teams around the world with knowledge and practical help.
- Working towards improving documentation and samples
You as a person
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, an eye to long term tech development, and you will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming experience in the video game industry for PS4 and XBOX One
- Familiarity or willingness to learn other languages typically used for tools (C#, python, etc)
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Tools, workflow and engine development insight
- Automated testing knowledge
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Multithreaded development experience