Working on our engine team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various core engine systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™. As an engine programmer you will be part of a team working with multiple hardware platforms. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where performance, memory, and load times are taken into account.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing, implementing, debugging, and iterating on new and existing core engine systems, using C++
- Developing in a multithreaded environment using modern techniques
- Optimizing systems for memory usage, loading times, and CPU performance
You as a person
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, and breathtaking animations, and will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience in the video game industry, using C++
- Strong optimization skills
- Ability to accurately estimate task duration and understand dependencies
- Experience of developing a AAA title from concept to release
- Experience working with PS4 or XBOX One
- Low level CPU or assembly programming
- Experience with performance analysis tools
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.