Do you enjoy digging into the crunchy side of strategy games? Can you break down a seemingly daunting system to introduce new players? Then we’ve got a great opportunity for you!
We’re looking for an Economic Gameplay Designer for an unannounced project here in Stockholm, Sweden. As Economy Designer on the project, you will have design ownership of all economy-related features and support your colleagues from other disciplines with the implementation process.
What you’ll do:
- Implement sound economic design principles and methodologies to generate a robust, accessible game economy.
- Build on existing goals and concepts, finding innovative and effective new solutions to support gameplay and shape players’ strategies.
- Research and deconstruct existing game systems to propose benchmarks for game experiences.
- Create detailed design documentation, ensuring it is up to date and meet studio standards.
- Ensure your designs and game mechanics are consistent with the game universe and can deliver a high-quality game experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines at the studio to define systems, features, tools and methods for implementation.
- Proficient game designer with knowledge of production through studies and experience from the video game industry.
- Problem-solver with focus on delivering maximum value to players and crafting player-friendly systems.
- Iterative designer with experience of rapid prototyping; when to think inside the box and when to scrunch the box up and throw it away.
- Passionate gamer who understands what makes an economy tick and have eclectic knowledge of multiple pathways.
- Structured collaborator with experience in communicating and sharing ideas with a cross-functional team.
Is this the opportunity you were waiting for? We would love to hear from you.