We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Development Tester at Massive you'll help us prevent defects and influence detection strategies with a focus on our production tool suite (i.e. Snowdrop). Your aim will be to improve the overall development and test process by building quality and security into the software (rather than trying to test defects/vulnerabilities out). Your efforts will directly influence development time, risks and costs.
Testing at Massive is a highly regarded career and an integral part of our game development.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing the testing scenarios for our production tool-set;
- Analyzing testing results and submitting reports to the development team;
- Creating test designs, processes, cases and test-product documentation;
- Collaborating with additional Dev Testers and various stakeholders, including Tech & Tools, CoDev and Engine teams;
- Assisting and supporting more junior team-members;
- In addition to various ad-hoc requests;
You as a person have an inquisitive and persistent mindset, coupled with technical aptitude which allows you to solve difficult problems. You have both a skilled eye for spotting essential details and the patience to find hidden bugs. You're a great communicator in English, both verbal and written. You know how to manage and plan your own time and you take pride in delivering top quality to enhance the end-users experience.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures;
- Game engine experience (e.g. with Snowdrop, Unity &/or Unreal, );
- Production tool-set experience (e.g. Perforce &/or Jira);
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA;
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision;
- 3+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or the equivalent practical experience;
- Coding experience in C#, C++ and/or Python is a plus;
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please take a look at the videos posted below.