The Avatar Project is looking for a new Development Tester to join our ambitious team developing the world of Pandora.
As a new Development Testers your purpose is to ensure the quality of our game, making sure that the product meets well-defined criteria through analyzing the defined objectives; and making sure they are properly implemented, in a way that provides a quality product that meets our internal and external standards. The Development tester will work embedded in a Taskforce or discipline, meaning you will support a specific team with assignments such as development testing, integration testing, writing test cases but also give feedback, insights and suggestions. We perceive testing as a career that is highly regarded and that it is an integral part of any game development.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Reporting issues encountered with a standard format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
- Supporting the development team with assigning, tracking and verifying the issues for your task force or discipline
- Creating test cases and keeping documents up to date
- Compiling and work proactive with reports, issues and the progress of the testing area you are responsible of
- Together with the team, actively work to improve quality and efficacy of the tests
- Assisting and support new members of the department
- Managing various types of group tests
As a person, you are genuine interest in testing as a career you are a natural troubleshooter with an analytical mindset. You possess good communication skills, with willingness to take initiative and are capable of adapting to different people and changes. You know how to manage and plan your own time, and you take pride in delivering top quality, and are focused when it comes to enhancing the end-users’ experience of the game.
Furthermore, you are a great teammate, dedicated to the job and you easily and efficiently interact with people. At the same time, you have the ability to work both independently and like working within large groups. You have a skilled eye for spotting essential details, and patience to find hidden bugs to be able to raise the quality standard of the game.
- Ideally 3+ years of relevant experience in software testing
- In-depth knowledge of bug life cycle
- Experienced in utilizing Bug databases (Jira or similar)
- Experienced in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Comfortable working in a team and supporting other
- Knowledge in console and PC-world and know how to utilize your skills to improve the end result of the game.