We're seeking a Data Scientist to join our restructured Game Inteligence Department and to help us build an enhanced Data Science infrastructure within our worldclass videogame studio, supporting game projects like James Cameron's Avatar and Star Wars.
As a Data Scientist at Massive you'll be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining A.I. & Machine Leanring models, performing exploratory data analysis, and contributing to infrastructure design. You'll primarily collaberate with Game (Data) Analysts, a Data Engineer, IT support, Cloud providers and other Data Scientists within Ubisoft, including your Lead. The challenge will be to propose robust data science solutions to business requirements in a complex technical environment.
Some of the areas you'll help us explore are:
- Supporting the game production data-based tooling needs;
- Developing tools and models to personalize and improve the players experience;
- Gaining dynamic insights into our players and the broader market;
- Obtaining a better understanding of our players journey and in-game behavior;
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining A.I./Machine learning models, dashboards and other suitable solutions;
- Helping define and implement data pipelines, infrastructure, processes and improve the performance of pre-existing solutions;
- Contribute to translate high-level business needs into data-science-defined goals, identify potential new use cases;
- Performing Exploratory Data Analysis on available datasets to derive actionable insights;
- Championing Data Science within the studio;
- Collaborating with stakeholders (i.e. Management, Data Analysis and Engineers);
- Documenting processes, modeling steps, ETLs, reports, and tools, within the centralized dept documentation repository.
You're a subject matter expert, fluent in a variety of data science frameworks and technologies, passionate about video games, and your motivated by the success of your team – through high-quality deliveries and support.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience in Data Science, with a wide range of machine learning algorithms (e.g. supervised & unsupervised learning and recommendation systems);
- Proficient in Python, SQL and shell script;
- Proficient user of Hive/Spark framework, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker;
- Proven work experience with ETL design, development and automation (e.g. using Airflow);
- Proven work experience with automated deployment tools, CI/CD pipelines, best practices in software engineering;
- Strong analytic skills and data domain curiosity;
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, a similar field, or the equivalent work experience.
It would be great if you also have:
- A PhD in computer science,
- Certification(s) in data science,
- Proficient in Scala,
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.