Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As a Data Manager you will work with game developers in different disciplines; artist, designers, programmers etc., to make sure the process of making games is as smooth and pleasurable as possible. You will help team members at the studio and across the world to solve problems both “right here, right now” and for the long term. You promote best practices for safekeeping data using version control!
Working in our data Management team, you will create tools and processes to make shipping games as effortless and pleasurable as possible.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Provide support to internal users – assist the game developers with the tools they need to carry out their work (version control, build system, game editor setup)
- Identify recurring problems and pain points and suggest or implement permanent fixes in close collaboration with build engineers and tools teams
- Collect and communicate user needs to teams outside the Snowdrop organization (like global IT) to guarantee and optimize the infrastructure required to ship games
- Monitor build systems and build processes and react to trends and issues
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this position, we see that you are service minded, organized and prefer simplicity over complexity. You always strive to make things easier to work with and more efficient, which is expressed as a willingness to share ideas on how we can improve everything from JIRA dashboards to user management. You enjoy helping users improve their technical skills so they can work more autonomously in the future and you are not completely satisfied until everything works! Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g. Perforce, Git, TeamCity, etc.)
- Worked in a technical second line support role or similar in the past, preferably in a software organization
- Experience working with Active Directory, Jira, Powershell, Automation is beneficial