At Massive, we are currently looking for the new passionate Concept Artist to contribute to development in our ambitious art team, guiding the production of outsourced art, from the initial briefs through launch. The focus will be on vanity art – the skins, props, clothing and costumes the players use to personalize their experiences. You will contribute to enhancing player experiences by bringing your own creativity and eye for quality to the table.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Leading the development of high quality art for AAA games, from concept to completion
- Researching and proposing concept references under the lead of the art director
- Preparing creative concepts for internal and external production teams
- Guiding outsource art teams through briefs, daily communications and by providing clear feedback to ensure that deliverables are completed at quality and to specifications
- Ensuring a productive workflow with artists and external partners
- Understanding and evangelizing the visual style of the game
- Organizing and updating work and backlog using project management / planning tools
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality and creativity
You as a person
As our new concept artist with a focus on outsourcing you tend to naturally be well organized in relation to reaching high quality our games are known for. The key to this success is also your ability to see the big picture and be on top of the deliverables in your team, both internally and externally. You're also ready to bring your ideas to the table, pushing creativity and innovation through to our partners since you know what will work in the final game. It is also your passion and understanding of the IP that makes you great at communicating feedback and getting your point across, leaving everyone involved with a clear direction to head in.
As an artist, you have a passion for concept art for the films and games industry, with an observational and research oriented style.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 3+ years of working with concept art including character concepts
- At least 1 year of experience of leading a team, preferably in agile project management
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and familiarity with game engines
- Ability to create concepts of characters, props and environments to AAA standard
- At least 1 AAA shipped as a Concept Artist
- Understanding of composition and lighting
- Experience with next gen game development
- As well as an updated portfolio in line with the project style
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?