Working on our animation tech team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various cinematic and animation systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™ to blend the barriers between narrative and gameplay experience. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, animators and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where performance, memory, networking and load times are taken into account.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing, implementing, debugging, and iterating on new and existing cinematic and animation system and tools in collaboration with other programmers.
- Developing in a multithreaded environment for large teams.
- Suggest improvements to the animation engine when necessary by designing and implementing new systems.
- Collaborate with designers and animators to discuss constraints and establish the technical constraints of the various required functions.
- Implement software in a clear and structured way keeping in mind the performance, memory consumption, network replication, maintenance, compatibility, portability requirements and optimize whenever necessary.
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and people from other crafts) to understand how to use the new animation systems and features.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
You as a person:
You have a passion for building great technology and are result oriented. You value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. Further on you need to have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. We believe that you are comfortable working in a collaborative environment sharing related code and tasks. The environment is constantly changing and it’s important that you can adapt to changes. You have the ability to accurately estimate task duration. It is important that you have a big interest for cinematography and gameplay.
- Bachelor or Master´s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering 1+ year of experience working with C++
(or equivalent 4+ years of professional programming experience with solid proficiency in with C++)
- Experience with animation systems development or cinematic tools development for large teams and their interfaces with gameplay systems
- Experience with designing efficient systems
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Understand of machine learning, hierarchical skeletons, bone transforms & weighting, blending, blend trees, additive animation, skinning, IK, quaternions, etc.
- Its beneficial if you have experience with motion capture systems and procedural animation technologies