Our creative technical artists working on James Cameron's world of Avatar is looking for an ambitious addition to the team. You will be responsible for pushing the visual quality and the tech behind our art by supporting and developing cutting edge tools to develop and improve workflow and pipelines for our character art team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Maintaining and pushing quality and look of the characters through scalable solutions with a long-term perspective
- Frequent communication with other technical artists, artists, level designers and programmers to understand needs
- Developing shaders, textures and meshes with a focus on dynamic and procedural effects with a focus on characters
- Documenting and continuously developing best practices
- Evaluation of rendering and memory cost of character assets
You as a person
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our game through next level tools, workflows and pipelines is your daily bread and butter. You thrive when you find efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your larger team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as how to improve all of our workflows. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge.
- Professional experience working with shaders, i.e.understanding of engine limitations
- In-depth knowledge of the DCC packages
- Working knowledge of rendering technology and real-time engines
- Insight into character art/animation/skinning
- Ideally experience developing AAA games, and an understanding of the workflows and pipelines
- Understanding Python or similar is a bonus
- Experience with console profiling tools is a bonus