We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We’re looking for a Character Rigger / Technical Animator to join Massive Entertainment in Malmö. This is a great opportunity if you want to be part of a friendly and passionate team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, demo reel and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Character rigging
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Maintaining and pushing quality and look of the characters through scalable solutions with a long-term perspective
- Enforce good practices for modellers and riggers
You as a person
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our game through next level tools, workflows and pipelines is your daily bread and butter. You thrive when you find efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as how to improve all of our workflows. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years professional rigging experience
- Understands character and facial pipelines from modelling to rigging to animation
- Relevant portfolio/demo reel is required
- Knowledge of FACS a plus
- In-depth knowledge of Maya and/or scripting knowledge a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.