Working closely with the other artists you will be developing the 3D character elements that will constitute the graphic backbone of the development. The main responsibility of our new colleague in the character art team will be development and design of weapons and other hard surface modeling to support the rest of the character team. This demands a strong focus on detail and realistic weapon modeling, as well as experience with weapon skins and mods. You should be self-motivated and have a professional attitude towards work and colleagues, as well as being able to both give and take constructive feedback.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Development of high quality AAA hard surface assets to be a part of a character
- Balance quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Working with our Snowdrop engine
- Maintaining an existing weapon pipeline
- Adding and updating weapons mods and skins
- Supporting the team by creating a library of assets that can be kitbashed for future character creation
You as a person
You have a few years of experience, three or more published titles behind you and now you are looking for a new opportunity! Join a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. Strive to have an effective character art workflow for production. As an artist, you have a passion for character art for the films and games industry.
- 4+ years of working with character art
- Have a keen interest to do research on the technical side of character creation. such as shaders rigs and rendering
- Working knowledge of Zbrush and at least one of the major 3D modeling packages and texturing software
- Knowledge of additional software such as Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer is a plus
- Ability to create highly realistic characters to AAA standard
- Having worked with scans is plus
- Worked extensively with at least one game engine