We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer to join our Uplay team. As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy features that are part of our Uplay ecosystem. As we are expanding, we are looking to fill more than one position and what you will be working with will be determined by your skill sets and interests.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other programmers, designers and testers to help us realize the Ubisoft PC gaming platform.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Develop new and maintain existing features for either player-facing client applications, containerized microservices running in cloud infrastructure or other tools and services empowering our game teams and business functions
- Write clean, maintainable, cross-platform and multithreaded code
- Participate in the agile artifacts like plannings, standups and retrospectives
- Take part in code reviews, architectural discussions and being part of making our code base great
No matter where your code will be running it will be measured against its performance, modularization, target platform abstraction, scalability and latency. To achieve this we use a wide spectrum of technologies ranging from Parsec, Chromium/Qt, gRPC, Docker, Protocol buffers, RESTful APIs, databases such as MySQL, Apache Cassandra and Graph databases.
You as a person
You are a driven person that is passionate about developing a software platform for games with millions of users. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of professional programming experience in C++
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, equivalent work experience or other relevant vocational education programs
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of performance and networking
Depending on the role you will also need at least one of the following:
- Good knowledge of client programming
- Experience with rendering or compression
- Experience with at least one of the following: relational databases (MySQL), graph databases (AWS Neptune) and NoSQL databases (Apache Cassandra) Good knowledge and experience of rendering,
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.