Ubisoft Connect is the ecosystem of player services for Ubisoft games across all platforms. It aims at giving the best environment for all players to enjoy their games and connect with each other on any device.
We are looking for a C++ Programmer to join one of our teams in Ubisoft Connect. As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy features that are part of our ecosystem.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other programmers, designers and testers to help us realize the Ubisoft PC gaming platform.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Develop new and maintain existing features for either player-facing client applications, containerized microservices running in cloud infrastructure or other tools and services empowering our game teams and business functions
- Write clean, maintainable, cross-platform and multithreaded code
- Participate in the agile artifacts like planning, standups and retrospectives
- Take part in code reviews, architectural discussions and being part of making our code base great
No matter where your code will be running it will be measured against its performance, modularization, target platform abstraction, scalability and latency. To achieve this we use a wide spectrum of technologies ranging from Parsec, Chromium/Electron/Qt, gRPC, Docker, Protocol buffers, RESTful APIs, databases such as MySQL, Apache Cassandra and Graph databases.
You as a person
You are a driven person passionate about developing a software platform for games with millions of users. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience and good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, memory management and general modern C++ best practices
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree or other relevant vocational education programs is a bonus
We believe you have professional experience with at least one of the following areas:
- Client programming
- Rendering or compression
- Relational/SQL-based, graph and/or NoSQL databases