At Massive Entertainment, A Ubisoft Studio, we're currently looking for a Business Operations Manager to take part in the development of our Live Operations team, where the primary focus is to lay out an overall business strategy for Additional Content. You'll work with a team of business and data analysts, to acquire the data needed to make the right business decisions.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Incremental optimization of business performance by monitoring and adapting the game to player behavior and taking into account the production status.
- Designing and scheduling promotions to optimize sales (Trials, Free Weekends & other initiatives)
- Working with the production team and live development team to ensure additional content meets the business requirements in terms of quality and time.
- Definition of which KPI's to track the games business performance.
- Presenting results and strategies to top management.
- Creating accurate models to forecast options for further development
- Spotting and monitoring new trends within live game development
- Creating and maintaining partnerships with first and third parties (e.g. pricing agreements)
You as a person
You are calm with the ability to keep multiple threads of information and communication in mind at the same time. You have communication skills, that you utilize to get a clear message through when coordinating and informing the various teams you are working with, as well as when presenting your results and strategies to top management. You have extensive experience in live game operations, preferably having been part of the launch of an online AAA product with high post launch ambitions. You understand the importance of game data and have the ability to combine your deep knowledge of games with actual game data to make player centric decisions.
You are creative, dedicated and have a strong passion for games. You are up to date on the latest and greatest live games in the industry, keeping a close eye on what the competition is doing in order to evolve and improve yourself and the game. As a person you are service minded, thorough, team-spirited, result oriented and have the ability to get things done by collaborating with other people and working out solutions to complex operational problems
- You excel at your craft as a business-oriented strategist, with extensive experience with live game operations.
- You are resourceful and insightful, you quickly grasp technical problems and utilizing your knowledge and versatility you quickly generate solutions and make decisions to keep things moving forward.
- While you may not need a technical background, you are able to have technical conversations and relay that information in an easy to understand way.
- Good data visualization skills, to deliver visualizations and reports that are clear, unambiguous and impactful.
- Real passion for games, with strong knowledge and awareness of current successful live games.
- Experience in designing digital business models
- Strong mathematical skills is a bonus
- Extensive experience with live game analytics.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities.