As a Business Controller at Massive Entertainment you'll play a crucial role in our Finance team, providing key financial services from budgeting and forecasting to maintaining compliance with our global policies and financial analysis. You'll work autonomously with everything from the behind-the-scenes details to the big-picture. In short, everything that makes us a highly functioning game development studio.
This is a unique opportunity to partner our game development in a diverse and international environment. Reporting to the finance director you'll work closely with studio operations managers and game project producers to solve ever-changing financial challenges.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account Massive's goals and financial standing;
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance;
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated monthly reports and variance analysis reports on financial status and risks;
- Local system owner of global forecast tool and budget process for Studio costs;
- Identify, investigate and analyze various topics on own initiative but also after request from stakeholders, build business cases when needed
You as a person have excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills. You have the capability to explain complex information simply and clearly. Furthermore, you're adaptable and thrive in a dynamic work environment. Your analytical skills together with your organised approach to problem solving allows you to efficiently provide accurate conclusions.
- 3+ years proven work experience as a financial planner or business controller, ideally having worked on long-term projects within a mid to large sized organisation;
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications (e.g. MicroStrategy);
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages;
- Ability to prepare, articulate and explain complex financial concepts to key decision makers in a way that makes them instantly actionable;
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments;
- Degree in Finance, Economics or related field/work experience;