Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As Build & Infrastructure Lead at Massive, you will work with a team of about 10 motivated engineers and improve the adaptation of tooling for continuous integration across many game projects. You will be a key figure in enabling game productions all over the world to both leverage existing technology and share their own developments as effortlessly as possible.
As the lead you will also handle staff management of your direct reports within the team, i.e. recurring performance feedback, salary reviews, and facilitation of career planning. You encourage innovation from concept through to deployment and you appreciate adopting and leveraging new technologies. You will work closely with a Project Coordinator, a Product Owner, and a Build & Infrastructure Architect, in a team that values their strong feedback culture.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Creating & maintaining environment of collaboration, communication, trust, responsibility, and creativity
- Managing growth/development/career paths/training of team members, among others through regular one-on-one meetings
- Facilitating recruitment, onboarding, and staff planning
- Conducting performance reviews
- Optimizing the developer workflow by making your DevOps and infrastructure expertise available to team members and others
- Staying aware of and adapting to real world constraints
- Participating in development through technical advisory and pair programming
What you’ll get
A fun, creative, and passionate workplace.
Here you will get to work in a constantly evolving environment with a range of new technologies and it will be your responsibility to provide requirements and use-cases to developers working with Continuous Integration. To ensure that best practices are clearly defined and documented you will collaborate with the Snowdrop Documentation team.
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a well-organized senior engineer who find the growth of the team important. You can review and give feedback in a clear and constructive manner, and it is beneficial if you know how to handle situations such as salary review, as well as topics like personal and professional development. You are comfortable working in an international environment, have good communication skills in English, and are aligned with our core values. We would also like to see that you have the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated leadership or managerial experience or strong potential
- Software development background and a solid interest in learning more
- Professional Python experience
- Version control systems and CI/CD pipelines (Perforce or gitlab)
- Service deployments using tools like Docker, Ansible and Salt
- Monitoring and alerting using ELK, Grafana, Prometheus or others