Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As a Build Engineer at Massive, your main responsibility is to develop and maintain the Snowdrop Build System, our internal tools suite for continuous delivery and integration across game projects. You will be a key figure in enabling game productions all over the world to both leverage existing technology and share their own developments as effortlessly as possible. As part of the team, you will also help create and maintain large game build pipelines (orchestrations) for past, present, and future AAA game projects for Ubisoft.
We are looking for someone who doesn’t like doing the same thing over and over again – who’d rather have the machines working for you than the other way around! You can encourage innovation from concept through to deployment and you appreciate adopting and leveraging new technologies. And you’ll have the opportunity to work with modern technology and play a key role in shaping the future of our infrastructure as we move our system to Kubernetes.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Staying up to date with best practices and industry standards and make sure we apply them in our development processes and in the implementation of our infrastructure
- Solve interesting, challenging, and sometimes frustrating software problems using all the tools at your disposal
- Liaising with and assisting other teams on a regular basis regarding use cases, shared issues and questions
- Generously sharing your know-how and providing support for other team members during critical stages of development
- Being aware of and planning in accordance with real world constraints
- Evaluating and integrating new technologies to improve our environment and processes
What you’ll get
A fun, creative, and passionate workplace.
Here you will get to work in a constantly evolving environment with a range of new technologies and it will be your responsibility to provide requirements and use-cases to developers working with Continuous Integration.
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this position, we see that you have a firm general technical understanding to feel right at home working with systems that see constant change and improvements. We believe you are observant, understanding, and capable of communicating possibilities and threats clearly whilst bringing development forward. You are curious, helpful and have a solution-oriented mindset. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional Python experience
- Version control systems and CI/CD pipelines (Perforce or gitlab)
- Service deployments using tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Salt
- Monitoring and alerting using ELK, Grafana, Prometheus or others