We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We're looking for a Brand Director to be a part of Massive Entertainment in Malmö. You will be an important part of the game development and have the opportunity to work with some of the best Talent in the industry.
As a Brand Director, you bring a market-perspective to production, so that we deliver experiences grounded in consumer insights while maintaining the integrity of a creative vision.
You’re the ambassador for a specific video game franchise, a representative of its community within its development team. You know our audience – and what they want. Your expertise influences the content that goes into a game as well as the way we communicate about it externally, inspiring players – both current and potential – to dive into our worlds.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Establishing the blueprint strategy and road map
- Managing the products' marketing teams
- Developing the products' artistic direction in collaboration with the teams of artists and/or external agencies
- Organizing visits from press and stakeholders
- Planning and preparing project presentations for major milestones
- Team up with producers and other directors to review in-game content, ensuring that suggestions are aligned with what our community wants
- Provide data-backed recommendations throughout production, bridging the market and the development team
- Research and monitor market trends to identify exposure opportunities.
You as a person
With more than a decade of experience in building brands, preferably within the games industry and in English, you are a person who are dedicated to quality with a creative mind. You most likely have experience with graphical production, and you are comfortable leading a creative effort with a team of people working to create stunning brand-building material. Your deep insight into popular media and games in specific makes you a go-to person for all things brand and games related; you know the recent trailers and launches and are eager to see how the games are doing in their meta critics. You love brands, and you always want to know more about how they reached their position in their respective fields.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
• Extensive and significant experience in management and coaching of artists and asset production, in particular the creation of logotypes, trailers, high-res art and Iconic images for supporting the impact of the brands
• Experience with making ground-breaking presentations and acting as a speaker
• In-depth knowledge of consumer trends and gamer demographics to be able to drive the development of the brands to be in line with current trends as well as ability to re-position and re-target the scopes
• A broad interest in mass-media entertainment, such as games, comics, movies, TV and literature as well as knowledge of online, social media, and consumer electronics
• Experience in organizing consumer events and trade shows as well as press visits.
• A background in the games industry is preferred, but can come from movies, advertising or TV
• Skills in graphic design are desirable