As a part of Ubisoft's and Massive Entertainment's core goal of enriching players' lives with original and memorable experiences, we're looking for a Brand Director to lead the way in developing the brand of Tom Clancy's The Division 2. You'll become a part of an imaginative and creative brand team where we always strive to continuously grow and develop the touch-points our internal and external communication have on our players and stakeholders. As a keeper of our IP's branding you are at the steering wheel of the impactful and creative solutions that will be the continuation of our games immersive worlds.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Establishing the blueprint strategy and road map i.e.:
- Determining market benchmarks, key success factors, threats and opportunities for the brand
- Developing and maintaining the strategic and visual direction of our IP's in close collaboration with the development teams in order to maintain and reinforce impact and consistency across the brand portfolio
- Implementing relevant consumer research to confirm and adjust the products' brand values over time
- Ensuring the products' long-term management and performance by continuously growing the brands core values by integrating feedback from operational marketing and the editorial product’s strategy team
- Managing the products' marketing teams:
- Coordinating the efforts on with marketing and PR teams at a corporate level
- Establishing and monitoring budgets for the project
- Coaching of the product managers to ensure professional and personal growth
- Having regular check-ins with team members and supporting their goals and targets
- Developing the products' artistic direction in collaboration with the teams of artists and/or external agencies
- Organizing visits from press and stakeholders
- Planning and preparing project presentations for major milestones
You as a person
With more than a decade of experience in building brands, preferably within the games industry and all in English, you are a person who are dedicated to quality with a creative mind. You most likely have experience with graphical production, and you are comfortable leading a creative effort with a team of people working to create stunning brand-building material. Your deep insight into popular media and games in specific makes you a go-to person for all things brand and games related; you know the recent trailers and launches and are eager to see how the games are doing in their meta critics. You love brands, and you always want to know more about how they reached their position in their respective fields.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 10+ years' experience in management and coaching of artists and asset production, in particular the creation of logotypes, trailers, high-res art and Iconic images for supporting the impact of the brands
- Experience with making ground-breaking presentations and acting as a speaker
- In-depth knowledge of consumer trends and gamer demographics to be able to drive the development of the brands to be in line with current trends as well as ability to re-position and re-target the scopes
- A broad interest in mass-media entertainment, such as games, comics, movies, TV and literature as well as knowledge of online, social media, and consumer electronics
- Experience in organizing consumer events and trade shows as well as press visits.
- A background in the games industry is preferred, but can come from movies, advertising or TV
- Skills in graphic design are desirable
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?