The Uplay team at Massive is looking for an experienced and innovative BI Developer to join us in the process of making Uplay the natural first pick as a gaming platform. As a BI Developer at Uplay, you'll play a significant role in developing and enhancing the PC gaming experience for millions of people, together with a team that is dedicated to delivering the best service for gamers and game development teams across the globe.
As a Business Intelligence Developer at Massive Entertainment, you'll leverage software tools to transform our data into useful insights that help us make business decisions for the Uplay platform. You'll help to maximize the analytics’ teams efficiency and the tech environment by improving data reliability, efficiency and quality through database architecture, design and automation. In addition, you'll act as a resourceful partner who ensures the liaison between data providers and analytics experts.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Build and maintain both batch and streaming data pipelines
- Data warehouse management
- Initiate, define and drive long-term solutions, propose and suggest the most suitable alternatives
- Be aware of technical best practices
- Proactively collaborate with analysts to automate reporting and data sharing
- Monitor data quality indicators, adjust, improve and create new indicators.
- Actively participate in platform evolution to secure pipeline accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Provide technical assistance for support requests
- Have good understanding of user requirements and functional specifications.
- Create and update technical documentation
You as a person
You've a solid foundation of the gaming industry, the ability to understand complex data, think conceptually and convert such data into useful insights. You've a high tolerance for ambiguity but you have the ability to create structure. You're a passionate problem solver with an eye on the big picture, whilst also being detail orientated. Finally, you're a fluent English speaker, our company language.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Degree in data engineering, data science, software engineering, similar or equivalent work experience.
- +3 years’ relevant experience in BI, data engineering and working with Data Warehouse solutions.
- Experience with both traditional database technologies and big data platforms.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies such as HDFS and HIVE.
- Shell Scripting or Python competence.
- Knowledge of modern pipeline technologies such as Spark, StreamSets, Kafka or similar.
- Experience with data quality process implementation.
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, Kibana and metric APIs.
- Understanding of relational and multi-dimensional data design and development techniques.
Good to know
We aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.