Do you want to be part of creating systems which will enable players to share unique experiences in our games? We are now looking for a Backend / Server Programmer to join our expanding Online team, working on an unannounced project.
Cloud tech has levelled the playing field for online games, and our vision is to go above and beyond to create amazing online experiences. Your focus as a Backend / Server Programmer will be on bleeding edge online tech, and you will work on iterations primarily in C++, but with the opportunity to explore what Rust and Go can bring to the table.
As we work in cross-functional teams within the project, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Follow briefs and direction to identify and define technical solutions for bleeding edge online features
- Ensure that new features and systems meet high performance requirements and match the project’s C++ code style
- Analyze and solve bugs
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Contribute to planning sessions and code reviews with your peers
You as a person
You have a genuine interest in creating scalable online systems that can serve millions of players. You are comfortable with working in an international environment, have great communication skills in English, and are aligned with our core values. We would also like to see that you have the following skills and experiences:
- Professional experience working with cloud service providers such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge and interest in DevOps, focused on automation and containerization
- Have good understanding and professional experience of working with modern C++, including package management, refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low-level optimizations
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.