At Massive, we’re looking for an experienced C++ backend developer to join our services team at Uplay.
As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy distributed backend services that power our desktop client and Ubisoft PC titles with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability. You’ll be using a wide spectrum of technologies ranging from Protocol buffers, REST apis, MySQL and Cassandra databases.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other programmers, designers and testers to help us realize the Ubisoft PC gaming platform.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Participating in or leading feature task forces for technical design and implementation/improvements of new features.
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.This covers topics such as: game data distribution, network architecture modelling, database management, game content related data management (e.g., Achievements), server monitoring, social features (e.g., chat, friends), API integrations, and much more.
- Building highly scalable services with low latency.
- Writing clear, modular and maintainable code
You as a person
You’re driven person that is passionate about developing software platform for games with millions of users. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience.
- Excellent C++ skills
- Good knowledge in network architecture and databases (SQL)
- Bonus: AWS, NoSQL, REST, Network Security, Protocol Buffer, C# and Python