The Avatar Project at Massive is building an immersive, deep, and tangible world based on James Cameron’s Avatar. As the Audio Director, you’ll work in collaboration with the creative team to define the artistic vision and technical roadmap of the game’s soundscape, voiceover, and music to support and expand the ambitious gameplay and narrative goals of the project
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with the creative team and IP partners to establish the audio vision and technical goals.
- Directing the audio team to create and implement all of the project’s audio assets.
- Communicating the audio vision and department needs to the entire team.
- Collaborating with tech directors to design and implement audio tools and processes.
- Establishing the technical and production needs for voice recording sessions.
- Constantly pushing the quality of the game’s audio assets and systems to the highest possible level.
You as a person
You are a seasoned audio professions who has had experience with all aspects of the audio process. Communication, organization, and collaboration come naturally to you in your process. You can establish and protect your creative vision for audio while taking input and feedback from many fronts that serve many different needs. The complex nature of game audio has become a second nature to you.
As the Audio Director, you will be responsible for everything that reaches the player’s ears. You’ll work with the team to establish Pandora’s soundscape, immersing our players and playing a key role in bringing our Pandora to life. You’ll work with a group of passionate directors, leading a team of dedicated audio professionals to recreate and expand one of the largest and most popular worlds in entertainment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- Multiple years of experience in audio for video games
- Experience shipping AAA games in a lead, senior, or director audio role
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools.
- World class expertise in audio recording production techniques
- Experience with Wwise
- Multiple shipped titles as a game audio director is a bonus
- Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
- Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?