We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We're looking for an Associate Producer Co-development to be a part of Massive Entertainment in Malmö. You will be an important part of the game development and have the opportunity to implement the best processes, methods, and tools to ensure the effectiveness of the collaboration between at least two production sites and follow up on all of the collaborators’ deliverables (excluding the studio lead’s deliverables). The incumbent will anticipate collaboration risk, effectively manage development team members focused on outsourcing-codev and ensure that they remain firmly committed and highly motivated.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/ cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
· Determine common ground and differences from one site to another for fluid organization;
· Develop and implement a co-development mandate with each collaborating studio (define the mandate, respective roles, and responsibilities, and a clear decision-making framework), communicate the mandate to the teams, make any necessary adjustments and ensure compliance throughout the production process;
· Prepare the collaboration: determine communication networks, associate studio training programs, site visits, etc.;
· Ensure that all relevant information is sent from one site to another and understood by everyone;
· Follow up on the budgets of collaborating studios;
· Anticipate collaboration risks and implement action plans in case of conflicts or issues between sites;
· Follow up with each collaborating studio (qualitative and quantitative objectives): review deliverables with key team members and the core team and provide feedback for collaborators;
· Keep the producer informed on the collaboration mandates and the advancement of the work;
Human resource management
· Mobilize the team by gauging team moral on a regular basis and implementing means to maintain a work environment that fosters production;
· Coach direct contributors and provide regular feedback on their performance;
· Assess the performances of direct contributors and take part in the evaluation process by validating coherence and fairness for all team members;
· Identify key employees and promising talents on the team and support the career development of direct contributors;
· Carry out all other related tasks
You as a person
You are passionate and curious about games and game development. You are able to solve complex problems and transform them into an action plan with the delivery target in mind. You are inclusive and able to take and give feedback to improve yourself and your team. You have a proactive approach and are willing to help out on every part where your knowledge and skills are needed. You show a strong work ethic regarding team development and the well-being of your team members. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in the Game Production
- Game development tools knowledge and work experience (Jira, Hansoft, etc.)
- Knowledge of game development methodology
- Management experience and experience of having direct reports