On being an Associate Producer at Ubisoft Toronto:
As an Associate Producer at Ubisoft Toronto, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
You’ll drive the development of a specific part of a game. Depending on the project’s larger production strategy and organizational structure, your part could be a component like animation, level design, gameplay, world, or a combination of a few.
All in all, you’ll guide one or many multidisciplinary teams to bring your assigned portion to life from start to end. You’ll pair well-designed work processes with clear expectations for your team members to do their best work and optimize their talents.
Through careful planning, follow-through, and oversight, you’ll keep development on pace, ensuring that time is spent on the right things, and pivot when need be.
While pushing production capacity and quality, you’ll see to it that your team is ready and able to deliver their chunk of the game on time and in a supportive environment.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision and requirements + communicate them across the production floor;
- Establish the scope of your area of focus: create its long-term roadmap and schedule, establish its deliverables, quality targets, and key milestones, and define its development strategies and budgets;
- Put everything in place to pave the way for production: develop workflows and pipelines + implement means to facilitate interaction between colleagues;
- Set clear goals for your team members to achieve + make sure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible;
- Anticipate risks & put plans of action in place to overcome them;
- Meet with your team to clarify milestones, prioritize deliverables, give updates, address concerns, provide direction, gather feedback, etc;
- Sync up with the producer, production director, and production managers on progress and momentum + follow up on budgets;
- Look for opportunities to improve and evolve our processes, methods, and practices;
- Take part in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth and career progression.
What you bring:
- Around 3 years of experience in production or project management in the video game industry (or other relevant experience);
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to a range of situations & navigate interdependencies;
- A degree in Project Management or Business Administration (or related training);
- Familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- An attentive, collaborative, and innovative spirit;
- A people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.