Here at Massive, we are building an original AAA game set in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We are excited to let everyone discover Pandora first hand, and we are looking for an Associate Game Director who will work closely with the Game Director to make sure that all parts of the game come together into a fun and engaging experience.
As an Associate Game Director, you will perform similar functions to those of the Game Director, but not always at the same time or in the same place. You will focus more intensely or longer on an area, or stand in for the GD in day-to-day functions. You will also help make sure that the game direction is executed on all levels.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Coordinating the design leads.
- Conceiving, implementing, and improving the design process
- Analyzing playtest feedback and suggest changes
- Reviewing the build, specific features and designs
- Targeting expert deep dives into key design challenges
- Compiling design documentation and communicate general or specific game information to internal and external parties
- Working closely with the Gameplay Producer to define, plan, prioritize and execute on the content and work needed to execute the Mission Direction
You as a person
The quintessential game developer, you love games and gaming; you love game design (both theory and hard practical challenges) and you love being on a team of passionate creators working on something you know will blow people away. You combine a strong analytical and systemic mindset with excellent intuition for making the overall game experience fun. This makes you comfortable with solving both highly specific design challenges and broad “the game feels off” issues.
- Impeccable English, both written and oral
- A positive, communicative, self-driven team player who enthuses and informs people both up and down the food chain
- Extensive knowledge about game design principles, “solo” and “Online” games and their structure, as well as player motivation and segmentation theory
- 10+ years’ experience making video games
- 8+ years’ experience as a game designer
- At least one shipped Open World game in a senior or lead position.
- At least one shipped AAA game as a design lead or similar position