As a part of the Animation team at Massive, you will work with our talented Narrative Realization Team to craft stunning and life like character animations, with the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers to create character and storytelling sequences that brings the world of Pandora and James Cameron's spectacular Avatar to life.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with both key frame and motion capture animation to breathe life into the world
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to craft compelling character sequences
- When needed, you will take part in motion capture shoots
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level
- Coordination with artists and leads to proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
You as a person
Your history of delivering high-quality, but at the same time creative, animations where the boundaries of what animation means in a game is pushed makes you a source for inspiration when collaborating with other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture and a larger scope makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator when finding the best solution to both long and short term challenges is of the essence.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 3+ years of professional Animation experience in the video game industry, with at least 1 AAA title shipped
- Relevant and updated portfolio/demo-reel
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanic forms
- Experience working with motion capture
- Experience with facial animation a plus
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent a plus
- Knowledge of the wider game development process
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?